Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Real St. Valentines Day Massacre - by The Green Dragon

Ok, this is how the story goes, I got it from the lips of my dead grandmother and grandfather.
Back in the day grandma's father was named Al, he was a Chicago cop starting way back in 1926. So, he had several brothers, and one of them was a gangster who went by the name of Johnny Long, (I'll reveal his real name in a later post). Anyhow grandmas mother my great grandmother recalled the day prior to the massacre "johnny" had come over to the house and borrowed a spare uniform from Al. So there it is the next day the massacre takes place and the burned out car is recovered later in Al's district. Pretty coincidental, not according to Great grandma Jean, she swore "johnny" her brother in-law was involved. I guess I could Mention that this Family has been in Chicago since before 1890, and has had a lot of other much more intriguing tales surrounding it, from bank fraud, land fraud and corruption up to and including the death of a precinct captain. If you like this tidbit tune in again soon for lots more!.

No comments:

which story should get the next chapter?

Loading...